Director of Human Resources
Our client is one of the fastest-growing modular companies in the commercial building industry. Since the company was established in California in 1989, they have expanded with a third manufacturing facility in Texas and has ambitions of adding more.
As they continue to grow, they are looking for an ambitious Director of Human Resources & Administration to lead HR practices and goats that will create a focused on staff members, excellent culture that prioritizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards, goal attainment, as well as the recruitment and continuous development of a high-performing workforce. The Director of Human Resources & Administration also plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of the administrative staff.
What's in it for YOU?
- Competitive compensation range with paid holidays and a PTO plan.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Ability to be part of their 5-year growing plan and receive the benefits of that growth.
- A position that is a key part of the growing success and an excellent opportunity for a committed, ambitious and hard-working candidate.
What YOU get to DO at this INNOVATIVE company:
- Management of the recruitment and employment programs, collaborates with management to understand workforce needs, ensures timely staffing, develops onboarding and exit strategies.
- Responsible for reviewing and modifying compensation programs, conducting market surveys, ensuring they align with company objectives, legal requirements, and are cost-effective.
- Researches, recommends, and implements employee benefits: health insurance, retirement plans and company risk insurance.
- Develop and execute human resources policies and procedures, including staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations, job descriptions, manager's policies, training, and health and safety programs. Communicates all company policies, procedures and guidelines including obtaining required acknowledgements.
- Plan, direct, and support the company's organizational development function, develops training plans, facilitates implementation, reviews programs, and organizes employee training, ensuring adherence to company goals.
- Develop and implement performance development programs, including goal setting, 360 reviews, and personal development plans, providing ongoing coaching and feedback to managers and employees.
- Effective communication and maintains positive relationships with employees, ensuring satisfaction and retention, and providing guidance on various issues such as EEO, ADA, work performance, and harassment guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements by studying and anticipating legislation, enforcing compliance, and providing management with necessary advice.
- Oversee the company's workers' compensation program, ensuring standards and procedures are established for all aspects of compensation, including claim investigations, settlements, and litigation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Promotes a positive working environment conducive to a team atmosphere in alignment with the Allied Modular culture.
What YOU need to SUCCEED in this role:
- At least 7-10 years in equivalent job experience with responsibilities for managing others and a four-year degree in business or equivalent job experience and related management education and/or experience preferred.
- Expertise in legal and employment laws both federal and state; HR certification (PHR or SPHR) highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the incumbent often viewed as the most knowledgeable person on this subject in the company.
- Experience in ESOP administration helpful.
- Highly proficient with personal computer application software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of algebra and basic math to calculate and understand payroll calculations such as salary increases, retroactive pay, benefit premiums, conversion of pay, accruals, etc.
- Must read and understand employment, benefit, labor, payroll laws and regulations, colleague statistics and financial reports.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contractual agreements, legal documents.
- On occasion may speak in a public arena.
- Light travel time is required to and from our other two corporate offices.