Our client, for more than 75 years, has served as a trusted partner for customers by providing exceptional service and high-quality products. They are considered a global leader in specialty chemical additives and precursors, offering innovative solutions and products to customers around the world. With strong technical expertise and best-in-class formulation capabilities, they develop products that provide essential performance properties to plastics, coatings, adhesives and sealants, pharmaceuticals, flavor and fragrances, and personal care products.
As they are looking to expand their team, they are looking for an EHS Manager who will be responsible for collaborating with the Site and Business Manager to oversee and ensure that our client’s Polymer Additives Division (PAD) operations are compliant with applicable environmental, health and safety (EHS) regulations and policies.
What you GET to DO:
- Manage one dedicated team member has been with the company for an extended time and helps coordinate the duties that need to be completed.
- Elevate, review, and revamp SOPs that will be approved by corporate.
- Speak with operators and stakeholders in this role and act as a working manager in this position.
- Maintain and implement EHS programs in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulatory requirements, including all recordkeeping and required submissions.
- Complete and investigate injuries, illnesses, near misses, and incidents using root cause analysis with accident/incident reports containing corrective and preventive solutions.
- Manage the site’s EHS, and Security Management System and conformance with our client’s Quality and EHS and Security policies and awareness of ISO 9001 and RC14001 management system requirements.
- Oversee registrar audits to ensure retention of the site’s status with the RC 14001 certification.
- Champion a robust behavior-based safety process for the site as well as an effective safety committee.
- Oversee the site’s computer-based and face-to-face training systems; ensure compliance with all safety and environmental training requirements.
- Monitor workplace noise and chemical exposure.
- Manage the hearing conservation and/or respiratory protection programs where levels exceed the allowable limits (develop engineering controls and/or appropriate personal protective measures if above acceptable limits).
- Monitor chemical usage and ensure proper hazard communication, handling, labeling, and reporting as needed. Sets guidelines through a written assessment process for appropriate personal protective equipment and enforces equipment usage requirements.
- Coordinate the site’s waste minimization efforts.
- Participate in site-sponsored LEPC and CAP.
What you NEED to SUCCEED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Safety, Chemistry, or in an equivalent technical field.
- 5 years of experience in the environmental health and safety field.
- Knowledge of EHS consensus standards (e.g. OSHA, NFPA, ANSI) and Behavior Based Safety.
- Professional certification (e.g., CIH, CPEA, CSP, or PE) is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in regulatory and human relations.
- Computer literate – proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of software applications.
What’s in it for YOU?
- It is a great time to join a dedicated company with new leadership. This is a chance to come in and help make a difference!
- Be a part of a team with a lot of tenure and in a role that offers stability in a very laid-back but working to be the best type of atmosphere.
- You get to uplift and transform the company with a team as this company is evolving every day to be better.
- Our client offers an attractive, competitive compensation and medical plan!