Engineer – One Start Program
As the world’s largest offshore drilling company, our client, throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in 120 countries, helps design, develop, and deliver technology that transforms how work is done in reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing. They were founded with an impactful mission to create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy, for the benefit of all. With a pioneering approach and a commitment to innovation, they are determined to transform how work is done in one of the most dynamic and exciting industries.
The Engineer in the One Start Program, you’ll be in a rotation for three years working under OneSubsea’s five core product groups: Subsea Connection Systems, Subsea Landing String Services, Subsea Wellheads, Subsea Manifolds, and Subsea Trees while contributing engineering design work to the various teams. At the end of this time, you can select which direction you would like to grow your career. You’ll be responsible for the performance of all marine related subsea and surface well control, and associated equipment and scheduled work.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Supporting technical aspects for projects.
- Tasks would generally be focused on total new design or redesign of new or existing tools and will sometimes require administrative functions.
- Performs periodic inventory of spare parts for all Subsea systems to ensure minimal downtime advising the Senior Subsea of any low stock levels.
- Conducts inspection, maintenance and repair rounds on all Subsea related equipment.
- Typical work scopes will include but not be limited to installations, light construction, maintenance and repair work scopes.
- Carries out tasks as assigned by and reports to the Senior Subsea Engineer and the Subsea Engineer.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to field and customers through InTouch. Provide user training as required.
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role – Please keep in mind that candidate sponsorship of any type is not an option for this role.
- Must have to 0-2 years’ experience. We are looking for people ready to get their foot in the door, as this is a gateway position to be with the best in the world!
- Bachelor’s in mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical.
- Detail-oriented, but able to interpret a wide range of well data.
- Methodical, analytical, and process-orientated.
- Ambitious and looking for exposure to a wide range of projects.
- Good written and spoken communication.
- Able to effectively contribute to a team.