Our client is a wholesale bank that finances agriculture and agribusinesses.
They are currently looking for an Accounting Manager with a strong background in General Ledger and flux analysis to join their team in North Austin.
What's in it for YOU?
- Competitive pay and bonuses based on the bank's performance
- Flexible health and wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution as well as long-term disability and life insurance.
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays with an option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services.
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services, or events.
- Employee Focused Environment with a physical fitness incentive plan and other employer matching gifts program.
- Hybrid role requiring you to be in the office 3 days per week.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing.
- Maintain and operate standard period-end closing schedules.
- Assist in the documentation and maintenance of Ledger processes and controls.
- Quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Identify daily activity in bank accounts.
- Prepare and distribute 1099s to vendors.
- Track and maintain fixed asset ledger and prepare schedules for fixed asset reporting.
- Monthly expense variance analysis.
- Consolidation, inter-company transactions, and reconciliations.
- Balance Sheet Account reconciliations.
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and SOX testing with internal and external auditors
- Assist with the preparation of other reports provided to management, year-end audits, preparation of month-end financial statements, cash flow statements, budgets, and quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 7+ years experience working as a GL accountant.
- Management or supervisory experience required
- CPA is a plus
- Banking or financial services experience preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting is required.
- Strong Excel and database skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and organizational skills.
RecruitAbility is excited to help you find your next opportunity with our Banking partner based in North Austin, Texas.