Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Our client, for more than 75 years, has served as a trusted partner for customers by providing exceptional service and high-quality products. They are considered a global leader in specialty chemical additives and precursors, offering innovative solutions and products to customers around the world. With strong technical expertise and best-in-class formulation capabilities, they develop products that provide essential performance properties to plastics, coatings, adhesives and sealants, pharmaceuticals, flavor and fragrance, and personal care products.
As they are looking to expand their team, they are looking for an Instrumental and Controls Engineer who will be responsible for managing the site’s instrumentation, process controls, and MIS systems. Responsibilities also include the installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of PLC hardware and software, control devices and monitoring equipment; adjusting and tuning control loops; modifying and building HMI graphic screens and alarms; modifying and installing MIS equipment.
What you GET to go DO:
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and programming of various PLC control systems.
- Develop and write ladder logic and graphical interfaces for both the plant’s PLC and control Computers.
- Develop documentation and narratives for control programming and process/safety interlocks.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, and installation of process devices including but not limited to: variable speed drives, encoders, process probes, power supplies, and control valves.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting of various plant instrumentation (temperature, flow, pressure) components.
- Design and implement projects involving information systems such as site security, information networks, phone networks, and personal computers.
- Develop wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications directing both onsite and outside engineering resources.
- Identify and obtain cost estimates for instruments, control components, variable speed drives, communication equipment and management information equipment.
- Lead projects and work with Process Engineer to maintain and upgrade site instrumentation, PLCs, controls arrangements, HMI software, PFD’s and P&ID’s etc.
- Help create automated reports using PLC/HMI software.
- Maintain and improve site security and IT systems.
- Conformance with the client’s Quality and Environmental, Health, Safety and Security policies and awareness of ISO 9001 and RC14001 management system requirements applicable to this position.
What you NEED to SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering.
- 3 – 5 Yrs. Instrumentation, process controls, and HMI systems experience.
- Field work training/experience related to instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems, preferred.
- Ability to respond to call-outs, and the flexibility to work extended hours onsite and/or remotely during weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics, P&IDs, ladder diagrams, technical manuals and maintain the associated documentation.
- Must be competent or willing to learn in information systems such as site security, computer networks, phone networks, and personal computers applications.
- Must have understanding of various PLC control and HMI systems.
- Must be able to develop or learn to develop PLC code and graphical interfaces for the plant SCADA systems.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Great time to join a dedicated company with new leadership and a new plan moving forward. This is a chance to come in help make a difference!
- Be a part of a team with a lot of tenure and in a role that offers stability in a very laid-back but working to be the best type of atmosphere.
- You get to uplift and transform the company with a team as this company is evolving every day to be better.
- Our client offers an attractive, competitive compensation and medical plan!