Investment Analyst – Commercial Underwriting
Since its inception in 2015, our client, located in Austin, Texas, is a rapidly growing, privately held, specialty commercial real estate lender and investor. As a company, they are focused on net leased development loans and acquisitions across the U.S. with over $850MM in commercial tenant financing completed. With this, they are in a unique market position and are growing the team to support expansion. They hold a variety of LLCs, Joint Ventures, and traditional banking relationships to provide capital for internally sourced loans and investments.
With the growth of the company, they are looking for a highly motivated Commerical Underwriting Investment Analyst with Loan Underwriting experience to join the investment team. In this role, you will work closely with our investment team and investment committee to underwrite potential investment opportunities for a build-to-suit and ground lease loan platform, net lease joint venture equity investments, and special situations. The ideal candidate will understand the net lease real estate sector and experience underwriting and analyzing commercial real estate investment opportunities.
What’s in it for you at this growing company?
- A competitive salary with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and 401k benefit plans available.
- Incredible Unlimited PTO Plan.
- Casual Office Environment with a great company culture!
- Paid parking and be a part of great deals & transactions with incredible clientele.
- If you are passionate about real estate investment and have a deep understanding of the net lease market, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
What YOU get to go DO at this rapidly growing company:
- Conduct thorough research and analysis of potential investment opportunities, including market research, financial analysis, and risk assessment.
- Prepare detailed investment packages, including financial models, investment memos, and due diligence materials.
- Collaborate with other members of the investment team to ensure a cohesive investment strategy and approach.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices in net lease real estate investment.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, finance, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in real estate investment, with a focus on net lease investments.
- Our client has an investment portfolio that is 90% loans – for this role, they need someone that has loan underwriter experience and speaks the language of a lender.
- Strong analytical skills, including experience building and/or working with financial models.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present investment recommendations clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.