IT Manager – Software Development
Our client is a publicly traded insurance holding company serving the life insurance needs of individuals in the United States and internationally.
As they continue to grow, they are seeking an IT Manager of Software Development who will report directly to the Vice President of IT at the office that is located at the corporate headquarters in the Domain in Austin, TX. In this role, you will develop and coordinate people and processes to ensure that projects are delivered on time and produce desired results.
What's in it for YOU?
- Free covered parking at a new building in a great location.
- Medical & Dental Plans, with 401K Matching and a complete approach to employee's wellness, physical and financial well-being.
- Opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their careers and in turn, business.
- Community services events throughout the year.
- All employees have a generous PTO plan to promote a healthy balance between work and play.
- Gym on-site.
What YOU get to DO at this competitive company:
- Build a diverse and effective team by identifying and selecting the best talent.
- Develop teams, including staffing, communication, training and development of staff.
- Evaluate performance of direct reports and offer career development guidance, coaching, and mentoring.
- Project scheduling and time management, directing and prioritizing work.
- Responsible for the delegation and coordination of development activities across each team to ensure high utilization of resources while delivering scalable, high-quality solutions.
- Lead the culture within their teams, holding themselves and others accountable for demonstrating Citizen’s values and cultural behaviors. Create a winning culture.
- Handle escalations from internal stakeholders and manage critical issues to resolution.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-7 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably IT, technology, and/or insurance related.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
- Experience ensuring suitable metrics are in place to measure individual and team performance and progress.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on the execution of business initiatives.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Project and PowerPoint.
- Insurance experience preferred.