Our client is a majority employee‐owned provider of specialized fund administration services for Managers and General Partners of private equity funds, specifically: Buy‐out, Venture Capital, Real Estate, and Fund-of-Funds. For new General Partners, they provide consulting services to help accelerate the launch of their funds in addition to our full fund administration services. For established General Partners, they provide administration services and technology to whole fund families or select funds, to help scale their fund operations rapidly and efficiently.
As this company continues to expand, they are looking for a Management Company Controller to oversee the accounting for the management companies of various venture capital and private equity funds across North America.
What’s in it for YOU?
- This company has a great culture with enthusiasm for the brand, connection with people, working with teams as well as working with clients.
- Growth Opportunities are endless!
- Ability to take agency of the accounting process as you will have a hand in the accounting cycle.
- The company is about controlled growth and weekend work is frowned upon.
- Comprehensive Medical (Aetna), dental, and vision coverage, along with life insurance, Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options.
- Comprehensive disability/maternity and paternity plans.
- 401K eligibility after 3 months – company will match 50% of employee’s deferral up to 4%.
- Flexible vacation plan (no set amount of PTO days).
- 8-10 standard holidays along with year-end office closure (Winter Break).
- $500 home office reimbursement for all new full-time hires to use for equipment/furniture needed as we continue to work remote.
What YOU get to do:
- Oversee accounting function for multiple management company clients.
- Onboard new clients and implement preferred system platforms and processes.
- Supervise Accounting Associates and Senior Accounting Associates.
- Manage accounts payable and client expense reporting functions.
- Review journal entries, bank reconciliations and supporting work papers.
- Process and record payroll.
- Provide monthly or quarterly reporting to Management.
- Process 1099s and assist with federal, state, and local tax compliance.
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting process as needed.
- Work closely with clients to satisfy ad hoc requests and to provide excellent customer service.
- Work closely with Fund Teams to settle intercompany receivables and payables.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (in Accounting or Finance preferred).
- 3+ years of public and/or private accounting experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Comfortable resolving technology issues with IT support teams.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Confidence with problem-solving and analytical skills to provide guidance to clients.
- Ability to be proactive in offering support and suggestions to clients.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Bill.com, expense reporting software, and payroll systems (preferred).
- Previous Alternative Investment experience (preferred).