Manager – Client Accounting Services (Dallas)
Our client is a full-service national accounting, advisory and consulting firm with opportunities for professionals in many different fields. They seek to bring a human element to the world of accounting, which includes creating a diverse, collaborative and entrepreneurial workplace culture. With 70 years of experience supporting finance teams and providing accounting and finance guidance for clients, this company’s practice offers strategic guidance and special project assistance on a temporary or ongoing basis.
As their practice is expanding, they are seeking a Manager of Client Accounting Services to join the team. This person will play an integral role in expanding service offerings, specifically in IPO readiness, SEC reporting, financial advisory and technical accounting. This leader will have proven technical accounting, financial reporting and business development skills to deliver results with a high standard of client service.
What’s in it for YOU?
- A company with designated culture ambassadors for each office who work alongside executive partners, local program leaders and firm culture leaders to tailor local strategies and engagement in alignment with our overall culture. These efforts, along with key programming from FUN Committees, Inspire Impact Teams and Private Foundation, are key to their ongoing commitment to culture.
- Paid time off – starting at four weeks of vacation each year; additional vacation time can be earned as you progress in your career. Employment also includes paid maternity leave (12 weeks) and paternity leave (four weeks), paid holidays – 15 observed annually + two disconnect weeks, where employees are encouraged to take PTO and refresh. Paid marriage, bereavement, jury duty leave and paid time off for taking CPA exams are some other perks.
- Employee referral bonuses, performance-based bonus plans, holiday bonuses, annual recognition programs including busy season and core value awards, points awarded for exceptional work and redeemable in online store, celebration program for career milestone anniversaries and personal milestones (birthdays, newborns and marriages), as well as a smart dress code– the freedom to dress for your day.
- 401(k) plan with employer match and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans – effective on the first day of the month following the date of employment, group term life insurance – option for dependent life insurance, optional health savings account – with employer contribution, optional flexible spending account, milk stork services, fertility and adoption assistance, pet insurance and gym pass membership and platform access.
What YOU get to DO at this competitive company:
- Manage the engagement and workflow of all client deliverables for multiple clients and engagements to minimize risk and surprises, optimize engagement economics, satisfy service objectives, and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Identify, research and resolve accounting technical issues impacting the engagement.
- Prepare and review engagement deliverables to ensure that firm and professional standards are met.
- Effectively delegate tasks to facilitate professional development and efficient utilization of firm resources.
- Continually build on technical expertise in accounting and financial reporting by attending continuing professional education courses or utilizing other training resources.
- Conduct or review research of complex or new accounting and financial reporting issues and prepare memorandums to support solutions.
- Keep the partner informed about client updates, engagement status, budget adherence, and technical issues.
- Take an increased role in preparing and delivering proposals and fee estimates.
- Develop staff by providing training and formal performance feedback.
- Perform general ledger accounting and closing of the books.
- Conduct investigation on variances and complete research on accounting transactions and summarize findings.
- Prepare and review work papers and financial statements.
- Write management reports.
- Travel to client sites as needed.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in private or public accounting, with a minimum of 4 years in an audit/assurance role in public accounting.
- CPA required.
- Strong analytical ability and critical thinking skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Online, Xero, Sage Intacct, and other accounting ERP systems.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.