Our client, for over 100 years, has been a family-owned and operated company committed to providing the freshest, highest quality dairy products. The company is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with manufacturing plants in Garland, Texas, Casa Grande, Arizona, and Wooster, Ohio. Their core values are woven into everything they do earning them the prestigious American Business Ethics award by Foundation for Financial Service Professionals. While maintaining a strong culture of curious and innovative problem-solvers, our client has tripled employment over the last 15 years and continues to have a rock-solid foundation. They are truly positioned for a bright future with best-in-class manufacturing and supply chain capabilities that are unsurpassed within the industry, delivering to customers when it matters most.
As they continue to grow, they are needing to fill the role of a Media Marketing Manager to support the entire portfolio for a major brand. This exciting role will be responsible for crafting both national as well as local media strategies across all media channels, inclusive of linear TV (traditional media), OTT/OLV, digital video, out of home, public relations, social, and more. This role will also lead communication, coordination, and planning with our media purchasing agency, and collaborate heavily with the senior Marketing team. You will be expected to have an in-depth understanding of the categories and their respective consumers, the media landscape relative to both current as well as future trends and develop a comprehensive media strategy that will drive measurable growth.
What’s in it for YOU?
- A no-deductible, $0 premium option for employee-only health coverage.
- 401(k) with 50% company match on first 8% of earnings you contribute as well as safe harbor and profit-sharing company contributions to 401(k).
- Company paid short and long-term disability coverage and company paid 2X annual salary life and AD&D insurance.
- 4 weeks annual paid time off in first full year and increases with tenure and time off for volunteering.
- Competitive pay and bonus structure with a tuition and Fitness membership reimbursement.
- The average tenure of the senior management staff is in excess of 15 years, speaking to the organizational stability and unwavering commitment to foundational, long-term growth and leadership in the industry.
- Great opportunity for someone who wants to work on a brand that consumers know and love!
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Lead strategic planning on all media across TV, OLV, OTT, Digital, Social, PR, OOH, Experiential, etc.
- Lead media budget planning, review, and allocation recommendations based on business needs as well as deliver reporting and analytics on programming results across all media channels.
- Deliver actionable insights from media and research data.
- Collaborate with senior Marketing team to develop MRI-Simmons profiles for target consumers for media agency to buy against.
- Build strong and productive relationships with vendor partners, continually assessing and evaluating their capabilities and performance.
- Lead negotiation of media-buy agency contracts.
- Manages invoice approvals and audits invoicing based on approved media spends.
- Complete analysis on complementary and competitive businesses as a comparative tool to assess strategy and performance.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- 4-year Marketing, Communications, or Business Management degree required.
- Minimum 7 years media planning experience required; experience with food categories a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of agency background preferred.
- Experience with research tools such as MRI-Simmons, Kantar, reach/frequency modeling, Nielsen, Nielsen Audio, required.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Clear Marketing Instincts with analytical thinking able to ascertain a point-of-view by integrating data with critical thinking and judgment.
- Strategic Thinking Capable of seeing media trends and how they affect the categories, consumers, broader business to generate both short and long-term success.
- Initiative & follow-through excellent planner that is able to execute media planning and budgeting in a timely manner.
- Extensive understanding of awareness curves, and principles behind ratings points, unique reach, and frequency.
- Builds relationships able to partner with both internal departments, external agencies, and vendors to produce best-in-class work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication communicates well with peers, cross-functional teams, management, and agency partners.
- Hands-on Marketer with a strong attention to detail and excellent time-management skills.
- Problem solving understanding not only how to identify problems, but also the reasons behind them and, more importantly, taking initiative to solve problems.