National Accounts Director
Our client, who launched in 2016, manages tens of thousands of vehicles at dealerships in North America across every major manufacturer brand. By combining a mobile-first approach with fresh design thinking, their industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility services for the top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Recently they were recognized by Built In as one of the 100 Best Hybrid Places to Work.
With current upward expansion at the company, they are seeking a highly skilled and experienced National Accounts Director to join their Partnerships team. The best fit for this role will be someone who is exceptional at fostering the current Dealer Group relationships, establishing new business and building new relationships.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company
- Aggressively acquire new business, strengthening and influencing key automotive dealer relationships.
- Lead and develop the strategic sales and customer acquisition plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization.
- Actively identify and generate prospects through strategic sales strategies, focusing on customers in Top 20 dealer groups.
- Identify and define growth opportunities in the market for the business. Develop an overall sales plan and forecast sales results for both the short and long term.
- Oversee the negotiations of contracts required to ensure corporate revenue goals are met.
- Work collaboratively with the leadership team, with all areas of business to develop and meet financial goals.
- Create and execute the company’s account management strategy.
- Maintain good working relationships with existing clients previously to enhance client retention and new sales through referrals and references.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- Minimum of 5-7 years in an outside sales business development role, including: experience selling complex solutions to automotive dealerships or OEM/dealer group experience.
- Extensive list of Dealer Group contacts.
- 50% travel in the field, including overnight travel.
- Experience using consultative solution selling to align client’s business needs with a solution.
- Demonstrated proven track record selling B2B.
- College Degree (preferred, not required).
- SaaS experience in the automotive industry.
- Fleet management/mobility experience.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and extreme passion for the mission.
- Build effective strategies, tools, and processes and set priorities to deliver account growth and increased value to clients.
- Understand automotive retail operations.
- Possess strong ownership and accountability.
- Are a trusted advisor and influencer with all key decision makers, both existing and potential new customers within existing accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to identify KPIs and red flags ahead of time with customers.
- A talent for solving sticky situations, creating consensus, and turning clients into raving fans.
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions.
- Have experience collaborating closely with cross-functional leaders.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and a 401k plan.
- Opportunity to gain experience with a business that is headed in an upwards projection and constantly expanding in its space!
- A company whose goal is for its employees, partners, and customers to feel they can show up fully and authentically in the shared communities, in and out of the workplace.
- Tuition reimbursement, company-paid conference attendance and certifications.
- Access to a wide array of free educational courses via an on-demand learning platform to foster a culture of growth and development.
- A remote-first work policy, with unlimited PTO and a flexible work schedule so you can get your best work done, your way. For those who enjoy working in office, there is a freshly remodeled headquarters that offers a warm and inviting collaborative team environment in the heart of downtown Austin (with free parking!)