Plant Controller – Winchester
Our client is a machinery manufacturer with facilities in the US and Europe. As they continue to expand, they are looking to hire a Plant Controller, whose position will serve as the financial leader for all finance and accounting activities related to the operations of this facility. This Plant Controller will serve as the proactive financial leader for the plant management team and supports company financial directives, plant operations, and performance improvement initiatives with accurate and prompt inventory, cost, and financial reporting and analyses.
What’s in it for YOU?
- They are a changing, exciting, up-and-coming company with growth opportunities happening every day with lots of career progression and a chance to write your own ticket and join a company on an upwards trajectory!
- Our client offers attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including paid vacation, 401k, and an EAP program.
- 401(k), Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Disability insurance.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Position works closely with operational business partners to manage financial reporting and analysis for site operations.
- Maintain Cost Accounting functions within the ERP and other ancillary systems including, but not limited to reviewing standards for all raw materials, component parts, WIP, and finished goods.
- Analyze and report project profit margins and communicate significant variances to management.
- Ensure all production work orders are closed in the ERP system in a timely basis.
- Researching work order variances and working with the production team to identify root causes for ongoing negative variances.
- Execution of month-end and year-end closing
- Preparation of financial statement schedule that details activity in various trial balance accounts.
- Accuracy of the perpetual inventory and work in process system and reconciliation to the general ledger, and identification of variances.
- Communicate fixed assets needing capitalization and support the request with copies of invoices to corporate finance.
- Communicate asset disposals or sales to corporate finance.
- Oversees and participates in physical inventories and cycle counting processes through the execution of test counts to ensure tag count accuracy.
- Leads reconciliation of year-end physical inventory and ensures keying accuracy by reviewing samples of tags keyed.
- Work closely with the plant management team to control spending through daily and weekly reporting of spending versus budget and identifying items driving cost.
- Participate in daily plant management meetings and VMB planning sessions to communicate issues and gain an understanding of operational issues that impact financial statement performance.
- Prepare and develop plant operating budgets and financial forecasts.
- Ensure appropriate controls exist so that the facility is compliant with all internal policies & procedures, and GAAP requirements.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Professional certification (CPA, CMA, etc.) or working toward preferred.
- Experience as a Plant Controller in a mid-sized manufacturer in a standard cost environment
- Experienced with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft Dynamics experience preferred.