Our client is on a mission to define and deliver the future of mission-critical electronics. For nearly 45 years, they have owned a culture of success and employee empowerment that has enabled talented individuals to create cutting-edge solutions for Aerospace and Defense customers. They are widely known as an organization that Chief Engineers and Program Managers come to when they need to solve their unique RF/MW challenges.
As the company continues to expand its efforts, they are seeking a Program Manager who, with the lead Engineer and Planner, runs multiple development and low rate initial production projects. In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating the timely shipment of high-quality products to exceed our customers’ expectations. You also will work with designers and support staff to streamline design, build, and test documents and processes, solve production problems and interface with customers. Once the product development, processes, documentation and low-rate production is complete, the program manager is responsible for the production handshake and handoff.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Work hands-on with a dedicated and very collaborative team working to make an impact!
- Competitive base salary and annual bonuses with flexible work schedules and a great PTO plan for first-year employees.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as HSA match, basic and supplemental life insurance, disability and 401(k) with competitive percentage match.
- This company treats its employees as family and a majority of the team here has an outstanding tenure! This opportunity offers stability and growth.
- Every month they do something cool and employee events are a major plus here! They have exciting happenings like half-day Fridays, Happy Hours, Game Days, Chili Cook-offs, Friendsgiving, Halloween parties, etc.
- Work for a very recognized name in the electronics industry that allows for acknowledgment, awards, and opportunities for employees to get their name out there in publications all around the world, as our client is well known in its space.
- Make history by creating out-of-this-world products!
What YOU get to DO at this growing company:
- Manage projects for compliance to detailed customer specs and requirements.
- Work closely with design engineers to complete engineering, process documentation and build prototypes.
- Develop test procedures, analyses, and control documents per customer Statement of Work.
- Develop, maintain and help drive project schedules and deadlines.
- Manage project costs – (including material, labor, and expected margin).
- Provide customer interface for design reviews, technical interchange meetings, and project status.
- Generate and maintain job-based documentation, acceptance test procedures (ATP), qualification test procedures (QTP), engineering change orders (ECO), manuals, and test data.
- Ensure production flow of material to the jobs – supply chain follow up & accountability for finished product.
- Provide weekly project status to management.
- Provide input to sales team on status and feedback of project.
- Promote a high level of integrity for product development.
- Facilitate resolution mentality toward daily challenges.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Manage a team of direct reports.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Excellent MS suite skills are required. Familiarity with and facility in MS Project is a plus.
- Familiarity with commercial and military electronic manufacturing and components.
- An Engineering and or technical degree is required.
- Experience in military program management is a plus.
- An RF electronics background is a plus.
- Minimum of 2-4 years as a team technical lead or project manager.
- PMP Certification is a bonus!