Quality Assurance Lean Manager
Our client is a leading global provider of distributed and specialty electronic components for military, space, medical, and demanding industrial applications. Operating as a single source for high reliability and state-of-the-art electronics, their solutions range from bare die and wafer processing to advanced and custom packaging to component modifications and related interconnect offerings.
Currently, they are looking for their next great QMS Manager to take ownership and responsibility for all Q.A. and Test personnel, manage the daily operation of the Q.A. department, and provide quality-related order correspondence to customers.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Staff, train, and balance staff priorities daily to ensure consistency within team and customer deliverables are met.
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals and is responsible for the company’s compliance with all applicable quality requirements.
- Create and implement inspection criteria and procedures while directing all staff engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and provides details and corrective action plans to management and customers.
- Investigate and adjust customer complaints regarding quality as well as issue Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA/DR).
- Works with vendors to ensure the quality of all purchased parts for company use.
- Conduct First Article Inspection (FAI) and play an active role on quality management teams within the organization.
- Designs and implements quality control training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications through the organization.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecasts data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Build and promote effective working relationships with cross-functional groups.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- B.S. Degree or equivalent degree and or experience in a related field.
- Certification of quality control a plus (AS9100, Nadcap AC7120 rev E & AC71200/11r.)
- Five plus years’ experience in a Quality Management role.
- Five plus years’ experience in semiconductor quality and reliability with extensive knowledge of all facets of quality assurance, including ISO / AS9100, NADCAP, GEIA-STD 0006, J-STD-001 & J-STD-002.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team player who can multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, lean environment while maintaining quality standards.
- High-energy, results-focused self-starter. • Strong analytical ability and decision-making.
- Excellent organization and planning skills. • Effective communication skills (written & verbal).
- Ability to exercise flexibility with quickly changing data requests, adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently, as well as manage competing priorities.
What's in it for YOU?
- Strong Benefits plan that includes tuition reimbursement, 401k, PTO plan and more.
- Someone who thrives in ambiguity will love this role as there is constant change and challenge!
- Work for a relatively small company with a laid-back team where everybody gets along well, there is a great culture and work life balance!
- Supportive team but you get to take ownership of the QMS program in this highly visible role.
- Not only is their facility growing like crazy, but it is part of a larger global network of facilities, so there is tons of room for growth and career development.