Reservoir & Production Optimization Engineer
Please keep in mind that unfortunately, candidate sponsorship of any type is not an option for this role.
As the world's largest offshore drilling company, our client, throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in 120 countries, helps design, develop, and deliver technology that transforms how work is done in reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing. They were founded with an impactful mission to create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy, for the benefit of all. With a pioneering approach and a commitment to innovation, they are determined to transform how work is done in one of the most dynamic and exciting industries.
Our client is looking for eager graduates as Reservoir and Production Optimization Engineers to join their helpdesk team! In this role you’ll use data and our leading software products and solutions to create reservoir models that help clients make decisions that deliver safer, optimized, long-term production for each reservoir. You’ll evaluate the production potential of a reservoir by simulating fluid flow phase behavior and reservoir physical properties. You’ll do this as part of multi-disciplinary teams that often include the client’s experts collaborating with you to deliver the most accurate results possible. We work with an unparalleled amount of clients, which means you’ll get a unique understanding of the industry and a huge diversity of situations to put your skills to test while expanding your knowledge. Software is a large part of this role. If you choose to, you will help clients implement our products, services and solutions and using your expertise to ensure their complex engineering and data challenges are met. It’s a role that requires a true passion for harnessing technological advances to solve tangible challenges.
What's in it for YOU?
- An incredible role that allows you to work with a leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world!
- Opportunity to pioneer new approaches and harness the latest advances in disciplines including AI, machine learning, IIoT, and more.
- A company culture of meritocracy and belonging, where they encourage every member of the global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth!
- Join a community of experts that work together to extend the limits of what’s possible in the industry with exceptional training, tailored approaches and career development.
- Dedicated systems and open honest dialogue to help you develop your career with potential opportunities across regions, functions and businesses!
What YOU get to DO as a Reservoir Engineer:
- Evaluate the production potential of reservoirs by simulating fluid phase behavior.
- Support implementation of software solutions for client's controls data quality.
- Participate in field development planning to optimize production.
What YOU get to DO as a Production Optimization Engineer:
- Determining and evaluating the best solutions to maintain and improve the productivity of wells.
- Perform production analysis and optimize production under surface and reservoir constraints with minimal supervision.
- Designing and implementing quality assurance/control measures and performing post-job analysis.
- Conducting flow assurance analysis.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering or Reservoir Engineering.
- 0-2 Years' experience required.
- Knowledge of Flow Assurance and Artificial Lift is highly encouraged.
- Detail-oriented, but able to interpret a wide range of well data.
- Methodical, analytical, and process-orientated.
- Ambitious and looking for exposure to a wide range of projects.
- Good written and spoken communication.
- Able to effectively contribute to a team.
- Able to manage own workload while working as part of a team.
- Comfort using relevant tools (e.g. CAD) preferred.
Our client encourages qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. They do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or military status.