Accountant and Payroll Analyst
Our client is a late stage start up in the Saas space and as they continue to grow, they are looking to hire an experienced Sr. Accountant and Payroll Analyst who will perform a variety of complex accounting duties domestic preparation, processing, and maintenance of payroll, salary, tax payments, and benefit calculations; collects, analyzes, updates, and reconciles payroll and benefit data monthly. In addition, responsible for preliminary review of global payroll prior to Controller final review. The Sr. Accountant and Payroll analyst will support payroll projects, documentation, communications with the goal of ensuring that payroll runs as seamlessly and as efficiently as possible.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Remote Opportunity with high flexibility within the position!
- A company with a mission is to encourage and celebrate a culture of togetherness. They acknowledge that uniqueness is powerful, and welcome, foster, and appreciate all. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusiveness fuel the Pathfinder atmosphere and all our efforts. Our power is in people and we Pledge 1% to give back to communities and across the globe.
- Benefits that include health, vision, and dental with a 401K plan with up to 4% match, short term and long-term disability and life insurance.
- Exposure to full infrastructure code as this role will be building out new infrastructure code.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- The timely and accurate processing of payroll (semi-monthly and bi-weekly) transactions, including salaries, variable compensation plans, benefits, taxes, and other deductions.
- Prepare month-end close journal entries and account reconciliation for payroll-related transactions such as payroll, bonus, commissions, and benefits accruals as well as for higher-complexity general ledger accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of revenue and deferred revenue.
- Assist Controller in day-to-day administration of ERP system (NetSuite) and other integrated solutions, such as SAP Concur, Avalara, Maxio (formerly SaaS Optics), etc.
- Perform analytical duties, auditing of accounts, facilitating functions related to specific payroll processes, proves documentation and file maintenance.
- Prepare and maintaining accurate records for all team members, as well as preparing reports of payroll transactions through Ceridian Dayforce and within all related vendor and benefit portals.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of HRIS (Ceridian Dayforce), pulling reports for data analysis and projections.
- Understand process updates as they relate to new hires/exits and other employee life-cycle changes.
- Work alongside internal and external groups on tax filings and forms and yearly audits for compliance in all areas
- Assist with internal/external payroll audits and compliance reporting including 401(k) and Workers Compensation, and general support of those plans throughout the year.
- Act as a liaison with team members regarding payroll and 401K to answer questions and provide information.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll and wage and hour laws.
- Assist with year-end activities, including, but not limited to, reconciling employee year-end tax forms, annual 401(k) audit, Form 5500 filings, etc.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Sr. Accountant, related Business preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience of direct related work experience in Payroll, Accounting, Audit, or Sr. Accountant with working knowledge of payroll tax rules, regulations and general accounting with problem solving and process improvement skills required.
- Minimum experience should include working within one or more common HRIS and Payroll platforms (e.g., ADP, Oracle, SAP, Ceridian Dayforce, or similar).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, accounting, or ERP systems, preferably NetSuite, system query capabilities, PC based spreadsheet and database software for analyzing and forecasting required.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) accounting including knowledge and application of principles of ASC 606, preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Excel – including complex and imbedded formulas, pivot tables, and lookups.
- Ability to work autonomously and sort through intermediate to complex business problems.
- Impeccable attention to detail, organizational skills, and strong time management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to collaborate with teams across the organization clearly and efficiently.
- Acquisition experience a plus.