Senior Project Manager, iNext
Our client has evolved into one of the largest privately-owned banks in the state with more than $5 billion in assets.
As they continue to expand, they are seeking to fill the role of Senior Project Manager, who will be responsible for designing, planning and executing large, complex and cross-functional projects. You will also implement and promote effective project management discipline across the company so key initiatives and projects can be executed to achieve efficient, timely, and cost-effective outcomes. The best fit for this role will serve as the company’s lead authority on the practice of project management, train personnel in project management methodologies and tools, and develop metrics/reports to track and communicate progress relative to established goals and objectives.
What's in it for YOU?
- Employee Impact Groups, Career Development and Mentorship Programs as well as Tuition reimbursement.
- Generous paid time off, minimum 4 weeks, and employee recognition, awards, and events.
- Competitive pay and benefits with free vision insurance and retirement matching.
- This role sits in a newer division that will allow the opportunity to engage with the executive and leadership team including CEO which will allow insight and a full line of sight to deliverables. You will be at the forefront of bringing our client forward in technology transformation.
- Work on a team whose motto is "Get Stuff Done" and they have a huge appetite for great things and new technology.
What YOU get to go DO
- Responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle: planning, scope definition, design, execution, and delivery.
- As part of the impACT Demand Management process, facilitate development of high-level assessment artifacts related to schedule, budget, scope and resources.
- Track progress and prepare project status reports against milestones, budgetary guidelines, or other performance indicators, and ensure consistent visibility for project and/or program teams and senior management.
- Maintain overall project budget and ensure resources are appropriately allocated.
- Assist with the assessment and selection of vendors and associated resources. In conjunction with procurement, manage the negotiation for vendor third-party contracts; Cultivate and manage external vendor relationships; Ensure terms and conditions of applicable contracts are enforced and/or managed.
- Build strategic relationships with cross-functional teams and senior management to define and establish a repeatable process that ensures a consistent project management approach and methodology.
- Lead, provide guidance to, and motivate cross-functional team members (both internal and external) to ensure goal achievement and team success across projects.
- Manage large/complex projects and strategic initiatives; Serve as a resource for project owners and sponsors. Support their efforts in developing appropriate project plans and management practices for their projects.
- Evaluate existing project management processes in and across business units, and identify opportunities to eliminate barriers, improve efficiency and quality, optimize people resources and cost, and improve delivery/completion time.
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout the project; Proactively communicate project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop communication strategies and materials to provide key stakeholders with ongoing communication about the status, issues through root cause analysis, risk identification/mitigation and results of projects, as deemed appropriate to make effective, timely decisions.
- Work closely with business unit managers to provide feedback and recommendations for improvement, development, and enhancements.
- Serve as project manager for major projects as assigned, as a liaison for IT and assist in periodic testing and implementation of new and existing applications, and ensure that end-user documentation is up to date and provide support in the planning and execution of system projects.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- 4 year college degree in business-related discipline (Master’s Degree preferred).
- CAPM, PMP Certification, or equivalent in relevant area of specialty.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and other project management software.
- CAPM, Six Sigma Certification, and PMP Certification preferred.
- Proficient with project management tools such as MS Project.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and coordinating people and resources.
- Experience developing a strategy and implementing large company-wide projects and/or programs with budgets over $3M.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and at or under budget.
- Financial industry experience.
- 7+ years of professional experience in project or program management; Advanced knowledge of project management tools and methodology.
- Hands-on experience with both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies.