Sr Electrical Engineering Technician
Our client is a dedicated Austin-based, private equity-funded, medical device company that offers an innovative, FDA EUA-authorized, rapid PCR, point-of-care system. Their product is easy-to-use, affordable, and provides PCR results in only 15 minutes. They have a vision to enable simple, affordable, rapid and accurate testing for everyone. They are an incredibly talented and diverse team of scientists, engineers, and experienced professionals who are driven to excel and make a significant contribution to the world.
As they continue to grow exponentially, they are looking to add a Senior Electrical Engineering Technician to the team, who will play a pivotal role in testing and maintaining electrical systems and components for a point-of-care PCR system. Operating within an FDA-regulated framework, this role involves close collaboration with cross-functional teams, including engineers, scientists, and quality assurance professionals, to ensure the reliability, performance, and safety of medical diagnostic device.
What’s in it for YOU?
- They offer a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment where individual contributions are highly valued as they work to expand the use of transformative testing technology in the market.
- A wonderful company culture with great core values and looking for team players who also align with them – Value Everyone, Ownership, Innovation, Collaboration and Excellence Driven!
- Very exciting time to work with an awesome leadership team has proven experience commercializing biotech, including expertise in system and assay research and development, regulatory, intellectual property, engineering and manufacturing.
- This company is in growth mode and is bound for great things! This is an opportunity for you to help make a significant difference with this delivery to the world!
What YOU get to DO at this growing company:
- Develop and assemble electrical prototypes and test setups for the point-of-care PCR system.
- Conduct electrical testing, verification, and validation to ensure the functionality and performance of electronic components and systems.
- Diagnose and resolve electrical issues through systematic troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Maintain accurate records of test results, procedures, and design changes in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with engineers to contribute to the design, development, and enhancement of electrical subsystems.
- Ensure all electrical components and systems comply with FDA regulations, quality standards, and safety requirements.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and participate in the development of more efficient testing methodologies.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior technicians and new team members as needed.
- Assist in identifying and mitigating electrical risks associated with the system’s design and performance.
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors to ensure the procurement of high-quality electrical components.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Associate’s (2-year) degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in electrical engineering or electronics testing, preferably in the medical device or diagnostics industry.
- Proficiency in electronic circuit and system-level testing, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- Familiarity with FDA regulations and quality standards, especially in medical device development and manufacturing. Ability to work in an FDA-regulated environment.
- Experience with test and measurement equipment, including oscilloscopes, multimeters, and signal generators.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and engineering drawings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for effective collaboration and documentation.
- Meticulous attention to detail for accurate testing, reporting, and documentation.
- Strong problem-solving skills to analyze complex electrical issues and implement practical solutions.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.