Sr Manager – Technical Accounting (LA)
Our client is a full-service national accounting, advisory and consulting firm with opportunities for professionals in many different fields. They seek to bring a human element to the world of accounting, which includes creating a diverse, collaborative and entrepreneurial workplace culture. With 70 years of experience supporting finance teams and providing accounting and finance guidance for clients, this company’s practice offers strategic guidance and special project assistance on a temporary or ongoing basis.
As their practice is expanding, they are seeking a Senior Manager with technical accounting expertise to join the team. This person will play an integral role in expanding service offerings, specifically in IPO readiness, SEC reporting, financial advisory and technical accounting. This leader will have proven technical accounting, financial reporting and business development skills to deliver results with a high standard of client service.
What’s in it for YOU?
- A company with designated culture ambassadors for each office who work alongside executive partners, local program leaders and firm culture leaders to tailor local strategies and engagement in alignment with our overall culture. These efforts, along with key programming from FUN Committees, Inspire Impact Teams and Private Foundation, are key to their ongoing commitment to culture.
- Paid time off – starting at four weeks of vacation each year; additional vacation time can be earned as you progress in your career. Employment also includes paid maternity leave (12 weeks) and paternity leave (four weeks), paid holidays – 15 observed annually + two disconnect weeks, where employees are encouraged to take PTO and refresh. Paid marriage, bereavement, jury duty leave and paid time off for taking CPA exams are some other perks.
- Employee referral bonuses, performance-based bonus plans, holiday bonuses, annual recognition programs including busy season and core value awards, points awarded for exceptional work and redeemable in online store, celebration program for career milestone anniversaries and personal milestones (birthdays, newborns and marriages), as well as a smart dress code– the freedom to dress for your day.
- 401(k) plan with employer match and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans – effective on the first day of the month following the date of employment, group term life insurance – option for dependent life insurance, optional health savings account – with employer contribution, optional flexible spending account, milk stork services, fertility and adoption assistance, pet insurance and gym pass membership and platform access.
What YOU get to DO at this competitive company:
- Build and manage a growing technical accounting team.
- Participate in multiple engagement within Technical Accounting Consulting practice providing technical accounting and financial or business advisory guidance to clients.
- Demonstrate basic to intermediate knowledge of complex financial accounting concepts.
- Demonstrate an advanced ability to research, discuss with managers, and apply technical competencies necessary to determine solutions to complex issues.
- Perform technical accounting research and ensure that proper US GAAP accounting treatment maintained for all transactions while providing financial advisory support for clients.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, perform and deliver work independently with limited supervision on large, complex engagements.
- Perform a detailed review of the work prepared by staff and associates for coverage, completeness, accuracy and technical proficiency.
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve engagement issues and strong project management skills.
- Work with Managers and Partners to develop an appropriate plan of professional development, professional reading, and CPE, and take responsibility to ensure that plan is achieved.
- Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
- Be aware of budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance is required.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related concentration is preferred.
- CPA required.
- 8+ years of experience in external audit and an internal finance/accounting role with a minimum of 4 years of experience as the CFO or in the CFO’s office.
- Prior Big 4 public company audit experience.
- Prior IPO and SEC Reporting experience.
- Demonstrated prior team supervision and management experience with team accountability.
- Demonstrated expert of business development, strategy and practice development.
- Proven ability to manage, mentor and develop staff.