Accounts Receivables – Staff Accountant
Our client is a leading service provider that provides a comprehensive suite of services for the planning, design, deployment, maintenance, refresh, and take-back of End-User/Client and Enterprise Systems including the mission-critical facilities they are housed in. They provide a single‐source solution for enabling technologies in data centers, operations centers, network facilities, server rooms, modular data centers, security operations centers, communication facilities, and the infrastructure systems that are critical to their function.
As they continue to expand, they are seeking a Staff Accountant with a focus on Accounts Receivable. In this role, you will be responsible for all accounting and control functions related to revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable for Facilities Management and Systems Integration business units. You will also perform tasks including invoicing all customers, posts customer payments, and manages collections when necessary. The best fit for this role will closely with project managers and business unit leaders to determine revenue, project profitability analysis, and other projects requested by senior management. You will also support the Controller with recording transactions in Net Suite, creating month-end journal entries, and reconciliations. Additional responsibilities will include the preparation of reports and analysis including board and other financial presentations.
What's in it for YOU?
- Rich medical benefits programs including health, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid life insurance, 401K, paid short/long‐term disability, and stock options.
- They promote a fun but professional atmosphere and too much more to mention.
- This company is in a growth phase, with lots of changes in a positive direction and improving business to create a large, scalable business.
- Access to new systems and training with our client who is putting in a lot of effort to create a culture where they want engaged employees to satisfy and delight customers. Creating the culture of the future!
- In addition to a competitive salary, they offer qualified candidates an advancement opportunity within a growing company!
What you GET to go DO:
- Perform credit review process for all new customers.
- Ensure the approval process is followed throughout the organization.
- Provide documents to Controller for new customer set up in Net Suite.
- Set up projects in Net Suite and maintain documentation.
- Prepare and post all customer invoices and distribute to customers.
- Post all customer cash receipts against open invoices in AR.
- Ensure GL accounts pertaining to Accounts Receivable are accurate and prepare month-end reconciliations.
- Work with Sales, Service and customers to reconcile customer accounts.
- Weekly reporting of AR Aging as well as other key AR statistics and KPIs.
- Works with customers to resolve past due accounts.
- Works with sales team to resolve problems or collection issues.
- Calculates and records Allowance for Bad Debt and month-end reconciliation.
- Record month-end revenue and deferred revenue journal entries.
- Prepare monthly schedules to ensure accuracy and compliance with revenue recognition guidelines.
- Generate required revenue reports for monthly and quarterly reporting, including preparing the revenue section of board slides.
- Record all manual cash receipts and record miscellaneous cash transactions.
- Perform ad hoc accounting projects as needed (insurance reporting, etc.) under the direction of Controller and CFO.
- Review and provide GL coding for all freight and shipment invoices both project and non-project related.
- Create month-end journal entries for selected general ledger accounts and related reconciliations or roll forward schedules.
- Prepare schedules and provide support for all audits – internal, external and bank audits.
- Work seamlessly with different entities/sites in various systems, including ERP systems.
What you NEED to SUCCEED:
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree (or higher) in Accounting.
- 1-3+ years of progressively responsible finance and/or accounting experience.
- Prior revenue and billing experience required.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Experience with ERP system use, including upgrading/improving thereof (NetSuite experience a strong plus.)
- Experience with Salesforce software a plus.
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to create pivot tables and work heavily with formulas.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to make recommendations and use sound business judgment in resolving issues consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulations established by the Company.
- Must be flexible, have high energy, be able to work independently on complex assignments and manage multiple tasks with competing priorities where short deadlines are the norm.
- Ability to influence and implement change across departmental boundaries.
- Ironclad integrity; must be impeccably honest, trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills; strong negotiator; effectively utilizes techniques to sell, influence, and gain support for recommended programs.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze financial data and generate financial reports & statements.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision, highly organized.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.