Supervisor – Client Accounting Services (LA)
Our client is a full-service national accounting, advisory and consulting firm with opportunities for professionals in many different fields. They seek to bring a human element to the world of accounting, which includes creating a diverse, collaborative and entrepreneurial workplace culture. With 70 years of experience supporting finance teams and providing accounting and finance guidance for clients, this company’s practice offers strategic guidance and special project assistance on a temporary or ongoing basis.
As their practice is expanding, they are seeking a Supervisor to provide general accounting and financial advisory services to clients. The ideal candidate will enjoy interacting with client personnel at all levels. This person will have proven technical accounting and financial reporting skills to deliver results with high standard of client service.
What’s in it for YOU?
- A company with designated culture ambassadors for each office who work alongside executive partners, local program leaders and firm culture leaders to tailor local strategies and engagement in alignment with our overall culture. These efforts, along with key programming from FUN Committees, Inspire Impact Teams and Private Foundation, are key to their ongoing commitment to culture.
- Paid time off – starting at four weeks of vacation each year; additional vacation time can be earned as you progress in your career. Employment also includes paid maternity leave (12 weeks) and paternity leave (four weeks), paid holidays – 15 observed annually + two disconnect weeks, where employees are encouraged to take PTO and refresh. Paid marriage, bereavement, jury duty leave and paid time off for taking CPA exams are some other perks.
- Employee referral bonuses, performance-based bonus plans, holiday bonuses, annual recognition programs including busy season and core value awards, points awarded for exceptional work and redeemable in online store, celebration program for career milestone anniversaries and personal milestones (birthdays, newborns and marriages), as well as a smart dress code– the freedom to dress for your day.
- 401(k) plan with employer match and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans – effective on the first day of the month following the date of employment, group term life insurance – option for dependent life insurance, optional health savings account – with employer contribution, optional flexible spending account, milk stork services, fertility and adoption assistance, pet insurance and gym pass membership and platform access.
What YOU get to DO at this competitive company:
- Maintain client books and records, including bank and credit card reconciliations, invoicing, billing, treasury management, accounts payable, payroll processing, and expense reporting.
- Perform general ledger accounting and closing of the books as well as prepare journal entries and gather support for review.
- Reconcile account balances to supporting schedules and conduct investigation on variances.
- Prepare work papers and financial statements.
- Research and solve more complex accounting issues.
- Identify and anticipate problem areas and work to provide solutions.
- Review and summarize client documents and write management reports.
- Assist Managers and Partners with various advisory projects as needed, including audit preparation, financial modeling, and data analysis.
- Supervise and train Associates on various accounting and finance-related projects.
- Interact with clients in a professional manner through remote conferencing and/or in-person client meetings, including traveling to client sites as requested.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3-4 years of experience in private or public accounting, including 2 years of audit/assurance experience in public accounting.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Online, Xero, Sage Intacct, and other accounting ERP systems.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of accrual-basis accounting and GAAP.
- Experience with drafting financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows) in accordance with US GAAP.