Supply Chain Manager
Our client is a dedicated Austin-based, private equity-funded, medical device company that offers an innovative, FDA EUA-authorized, rapid PCR, point-of-care system. Their product is easy-to-use, affordable, and provides PCR results in only 15 minutes. They have a vision to enable simple, affordable, rapid and accurate testing for everyone. They are an incredibly talented and diverse team of scientists, engineers, and experienced professionals who are driven to excel and make a significant contribution to the world.
As they continue to grow exponentially, they are looking to add a Supply Chain Manager to the team, who will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain operations with our client. The best fit for this role, will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including manufacturing, quality assurance, and regulatory affairs to ensure the seamless production, distribution, and availability of our product(s) while complying with strict FDA regulations.
What's in it for YOU?
- They offer a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment where individual contributions are highly valued as they work to expand the use of transformative testing technology in the market.
- A wonderful company culture with great core values and looking for team players who also align with them – Value Everyone, Ownership, Innovation, Collaboration and Excellence Driven!
- Very exciting time to work with an awesome leadership team has proven experience commercializing biotech, including expertise in system and assay research and development, regulatory, intellectual property, engineering and manufacturing.
- This company is in growth mode and is bound for great things! This is an opportunity for you to help make a significant difference with this delivery to the world!
What YOU get to DO at this growing company:
- Develop and execute supply chain strategies aligned with company objectives.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with suppliers and vendors. Oversee all Procurement and Planning activities
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and finance teams to create accurate demand forecasts.
- Establish and maintain optimal inventory levels while minimizing excess and obsolete inventory. Oversee all Material Handling and material receipt and storage activities.
- Ensure all supply chain activities adhere to FDA regulations and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to develop production schedules that meet demand forecasts.
- Manage transportation, distribution, and warehousing activities.
- Proactively identify potential supply chain risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure supply chain performance.
- Collaborate with internal teams to align supply chain strategies with business goals.
- Develop a high performing supply chain team including Procurement, Planning, Material Handling and Distribution.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, operations, business, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of progressive supply chain management experience in an FDA-regulated environment, preferably in the medical device or diagnostics industry.
- IVD/PCR experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with FDA regulations and quality management systems (e.g., ISO 13485); ability to operate in an FDA-regulated environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage projects effectively. Eventually, you will have a team reporting to you once you are familiar in the role.
- Proficiency in data analysis, demand forecasting, and inventory optimization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in supply chain management software, ERP systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%.