Texas Operations Manager
Our client is one of the fastest-growing modular companies in the commercial building industry. Since the company was established in California in 1989, they have expanded with a third manufacturing facility in Texas and has ambitions of adding more.
As they continue to grow, they are seeking an ambitious Operations Manager who will be responsible for supervising production employees in a manufacturing and production environment. This position maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, finished products, and recording the results. Excellent communication, and hands-on leadership skills are a must, as well as a keen attention to detail. This position must have commitment to delighting our customers by delivering on time product, every time.
What's in it for YOU?
- Competitive compensation range with paid holidays and a PTO plan.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Ability to be part of their 5-year growing plan and receive the benefits of that growth.
- A position that is a key part of the growing success and an excellent opportunity for a committed, ambitious and hard-working candidate.
What YOU get to DO at this INNOVATING company:
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specification, conducting a visual and measurement test, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor.
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work.
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs.
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Coach and mentor junior employees; seek opportunities to grow leadership in others.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical, publications, attending seminars, watching industry videos, etc.
- Communicate with project managers consistently and immediately on any project issues.
- Deliver products on time.
- Attend required meetings and be prepared to provide updates.
- Maintain an accurate shipping schedule and log at all times.
- Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Approval of all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests.
- Promote a positive working environment conducive to a team atmosphere in alignment with the company culture.
What YOU need to SUCCEED in this role:
- B.S. Degree in industrial or manufacturing engineering or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 3-5 years in leadership or managerial position and can execute on production plan.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain and teach methodologies.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Inventory control knowledge, performance management experience and problem solving and analysis skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing drawings and blueprints.
- Proven team building skills and results driven.
- Excellent computer skills, including an understanding of ERP systems.
- Experience using power cutting tools and assembly.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Construction experience is a plus.