Our client, a VC backed start-up, looking to change the pregnancy experience by incorporating technology with the hands-on to provide a more holistic experience for expectant mothers. The founding team has a strong background in health care and consumer technology, bringing their experience together to modernize what is still an unnecessarily dangerous process in the US.
They are looking to bring on their first IT Manager to take on all responsibilities related to their technology as it stands now, need someone who can be in the trenches to get their hands dirty and be able to plan ahead as the organization continues to grow.
Primary Responsibilities of the IT Manager
- Provide strategic direction that will enable the company to scale, operate efficiently and maintain the highest levels of security
- Enable remote workforce by providing the tools, processes and support they need to be successful
- Create and execute processes for device control, authenticate services and system/user access management
- Develop systems and processes around network security and data security
- Lead the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving them
- Defines, coordinates, and enforces IT systems, policies, and processes
- Conduct regular system audits
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot user support for hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Managing and reporting on the allocation of IT budget
Primary Requirements of the IT Manager
- 4+ years of experience working in IT, Infrastructure or Operations for a fast growing organization
- Leadership skills and stays on top of technology trends and best practices
- Solid background and understanding of supporting remote, distributed workforce
- Experience leading and managing IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Knowledge of a variety of end user tools including tablets, laptops (PC, Mac), Smart Phones, etc
- Budget management, purchasing and procurement of various equipment, vendor management
- Working knowledge of Servers, Security, Network and Systems Administration
- Experience with HIPAA regulations and/or Healthcare industry highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you as the IT Manager?
Our client offers you a seat at the leadership table and an opportunity to design/build an IT Organization of your own, to be a part of a well funded startup that is truly changing the lives of millions of women in America and is positioned for growth and long term success. They offer a solid salary, comprehensive benefits offering and ownership through equity. If you are ready to do something that really matters, apply today!