Our client is a leading Architecture and Design Firm doing creative and cutting edge work all over the US. The Austin office is scaling and we’re looking for an Electrical Engineer to add to the team. The firm focuses on designing creative spaces in Healthcare and Higher Education. This person will be supporting projects in Texas as well as other parts of the US as needed.
Professional Engineer Certification preferred!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Presents design ideas based on factors such as aesthetics, design-function relationships, serviceability, and client specifications.
- Prepares working drawings from sketches, design specifications, and conversations with other staff members.
- May develop and present design details to clients during the development of the design.
- Prepares engineering analysis of projects, to include: preliminary design, budget analysis, calculations, life cycle costs, and equipment selection.
- Conducts surveys to gather field data
- Prepares technical construction specifications.
- Reviews the development of designs for compliance with applicable codes, adopted engineering standards, and good engineering practices.
- Performs field inspections as part of the construction quality assurance process.
Skills and Abilities
- Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images, then uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
- Demonstrates leadership skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers; delegates responsibility and empowers associates to make decisions and take personal accountability for decisions.
- High accuracy and attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have a significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in almost all circumstances; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Computer skills required
- Microsoft Office
- 3D CAD and BIM system experience preferred
- SKM Power Tools – Electrical System Analysis
- Various lighting design software