Our client, based in Austin, TX, was founded in 2011 and is a full-service construction management firm specializing in the multifamily market throughout Texas. They pride themselves on delivering high-quality apartment projects with first-rate management from start to finish. The team of construction professionals they have on board is known for their skill, integrity, and dedication to craftsmanship, and take pride in delivering buildings on schedule and on budget while maintaining a high standard of quality.
As the company continues to have success, they are growing quickly and looking to hire a Project Engineer who will support the Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers in ensuring the timely and quality delivery of work for assigned construction projects. In this role, you will assist with preparing daily reports and daily photos, building inspections, ordering materials, and scheduling deliveries as well as oversight and coordination of all subcontractors.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company
- Coordinate with all Owner requirements as it relates to reports and inspections.
- Review product submittals and ensure that approved materials are being installed properly in the field.
- Update all as-built documents with approved field changes, addendums, RFI’s, or design sketches.
- Perform quality control and manage the punch list process.
- Troubleshoot design discrepancies and assist with RFI’s.
- Maintain project documentation including daily reports with project photographs and as-built documentation.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering or related field preferred.
- 1-3+ years’ experience in the Commerical construction industry (preferably Multi-family, or Mixed Use)
- Commercial: Business property, including office space, shopping centers, stores, theaters, hotels, and parking faculties
- Ability to follow up on inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training, or other business-related events.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Health insurance plan for all employees
- A safe-harbor 401(k)
- After three years of employment, employees are eligible for profit sharing.
- A great company culture dedicated to core values and pride in their work while maintaining strong relationships with clients, city offices, design professionals, subcontractors, and the community.
- This role is open for someone looking for stability as we want you to plant your roots here! There will be opportunities for extended training, growth, and movement.