Promotion Data By Job And Geography
Where are the best cities – and what are the best jobs – to increase your likelihood of getting promoted?
LinkedIn recently shared data relating to promotion rates by job title and metro location in the U.S. If you’re trying to climb the corporate ladder, this is valuable information.
In short, if you’re a product manager in Austin, your opportunity to get promoted at your job is far above the national average.
Austin ranks second in the nation behind Fayetteville, Ark. (near Walmart HQ and the location of University of Arkansas) relative to fastest promotion rates. See the chart for the Top 10 list.
In terms of job functions with the top internal promotion rates, here’s how they stack up according to LinkedIn.
- Product Management: 149% above national average for promotions
- Marketing: 94% above national average for promotions
- Program and Project Management: 51% above national average for promotions
- Accounting: 47% above national average for promotions
- Human Resources: 44% above national average for promotions
Click here for the entire Top 10 list.
Considering a new role? Browse our jobs board for careers in Austin and beyond across several industries and job functions. We even have remote jobs listed.