Our client is one of the largest animal food manufacturers in the US, their business supports a network of local cooperatives, independent dealers, and other large retailers serving producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry-leading R&D and committed partnerships, they innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal.
They are looking to hire an Electrician/Maintenance Technician who is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair in support of the facility and production equipment. In this role, the technician will work with a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and controls. Superior logical thinking and troubleshooting skills are critical. This position is critical to the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Safety: Ensuring the complete physical safety of oneself and one’s co-workers at all times without exception
- Inspect machinery: Knowledge of checking machine equipment for proper performance and detecting faults and malfunctions. Diagnose malfunctions using testing equipment to determine the required repair.
- Write technical reports: Experience with composing technical customer reports understandable for people without technical background.
- Perform machine maintenance: Familiarity with performing regular maintenance, possibly including corrections and alterations, on a machine or machine tool to ensure it remains in a productive state.
- Time Management: Showing up on time, reliably completing tasks by the deadline, and adapting to changes in deadlines and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Coordination: Working well with others to meet team goals and adjusting to important changes
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- Oregon LME License required
- Basic computer skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing, and other active movements
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust is present
- Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays and periodic overtime
What's in it for YOU?
- A competitive salary and bonus potential.
- The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Company-sponsored benefits.
- The best view in Portland!